Solar powered medical ventilators / breathing aids
Solarkiosk, in partnership with Löwenstein medical and BOS AG, is proud to launch its newest product, the solar powered Ventilator. A ventilator is used in hospitals worldwide to take over the body’s breathing process of patients, when diseases such as e.g. COVID-19 or others have caused the lungs to fail. Ventilation gives the patient time to fight off the infection and recover.
By the integration of solar power systems with the state of the art ventilation equipment, Solarkiosk, Löwenstein medical and BOS AG have launched a first of its kind, made in Germany product, that can help treating patients with respiratory diseases anywhere in the world, even in semi-urban and rural areas of developing nations, where today still more then 700 million people live, which would not have the chance for treatment otherwise.
The solar powered prisma VENT50 plus, VENTIlogic LS and VENTIlogic are 100 % mobile and reliable solutions in IV and NIV, made by one of Germany’s leading medical technology companies, Löwenstein.
prisma VENT50 plus
- The product offers you a high degree of reliability and versatility every day at all times.
- Their practice oriented monitoring and mobility concepts are supplemented by unique ventilation functions and it comes with it’s own power system.
- have leakage and single patient circuits. In addition VENTIlogic LS offers a double patient circuit system with patient valve and volume-controlled ventilation modes (VCV, aVCV).
- Single patient circuit with patient valve
- Double patient circuit with patient valve (only VENTIlogic LS)
- For treatment of adults and children starting with 50 ml tidal volume and 5 kg body weight
- Invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- In hospital and at home, on-grid, on weak-grid or off-grid
- Stationary and mobil
VENTIlogic LS & VENTIlogic
- Brilliant display: Large display, high contrast, sharpness and natural colors.
- Easy handling Intuitive menus, simple operation, quick optimization:
- 360° easy turn: Simple settings with 360° easy turn dial and quick selection keys.
- Allover compatibility: Fits nearly all hoses, supplies additional devices, functions with conventional cable.
- Low noise: Whisper-quiet operation, more compliance and well-being of patient and others nearby.
The solar system
BOS AG and Solarkiosk have joined forces to create a powerful solar system, which is an intelligent all-in-one solution combining all functions necessary, including inverters, chargers, MPPT trackers and Lithium batteries, to convert power from solar modules to run the Löwenstein ventilators reliably. The system is, at full charge, able to run the ventilator for 2 consecutive days in full operational mode.
The system comes with 1kWp solar modules and is designed for off – grid and hybrid solar system usage. It can be used in various applications, such as in homes, schools, health centres and other rural applications and has been designed to reliable power the ventilators 24/7. It has been designed to be used and run completely independent from the grid or from generators, but they can also be used as a backup in order to encounter negative, live threatening impacts resulting from black outs and shortages of energy. The systems are designed to run in rough conditions and are fully customizable for the specific needs of the customers.
This project was done witht he help of our partners from:
Optional also available: Patient Monitor
An often used device in combination with a ventilator is a patient monitor. This device can measure and monitor a combination of biometric values of a patient in a hospital or in a clinic. This allows for continuous monitoring of a patient, with medical staff being continuously informed of the changes in general conditions of a patient. It can also warn of pending fatal conditions before visible signs are noticeable to clinical staff.
Our patient monitor, the VitaGuard ® VG 3100 is a very versatile monitor and a great complement to our solar powered ventilators, as it monitors oxygen saturation (SpO2), heart rate and respiration of patients of all ages, thus giving medical personnel and caregivers the security they need, both in ambulatory and clinical environments. It is also designed very compact and power-efficient, allowing it to be used in remote areas such as in weak-grid and off-grid areas of this world.