What we do
We are a trading platform, a system integrator, a service provider and a business incubator. We combine quality solar products with turnkey solutions and provide services to create sustainable businesses in off-grid frontier markets worldwide. We have deployed approx. 250 E-HUBBs worldwide in 15 countries, reaching approx. 5m people.
As a B2B trading platform, we offer a paramount range of selected quality products – ranging from thermic solar products, PV modules, solar inverters to batteries and more.
Our key strengths derive from the “E-HUBB”, our proprietary award-winning solar technology-design. Our E-HUBBs are designed to power the energy-connectivity-productivity gateway in rural off-grid communities. We have deployed approx. 250 E-HUBBs worldwide in 15 countries, reaching approx. 5m people.
Our off-grid product portfolio
As a service provider, we have years of experience consulting our clients to:
- Develop go to market strategies to develop, implement solutions to bring power and connectivity to frontier markets, while serving the community with supply of essential products and services
- Develop sustainable solar powered infrastructure products and solutions in off-grid frontier markets, in limited to off-grid areas worldwide and intertwine these physical solutions with inclusive business models, adapted for the needs of off-grid communities
- Our clients include ABInBev, Coca Cola, MunichRe, Total, Siemens Stiftung, and Ericsson, among others.
Solar system integrator
As a Solar System Integrator we design, develop, deploy and – together with our partners operate solar solutions, such as:
- Our E-HUBB in various use cases:
- low, medium and high voltage off-grid energy power systems with battery storage systems
- back-up systems
- heating & cooling systems
- street lighting
- water pumping and irrigation systems
- mini-grid solutions
- E-mobility turnkey solutions for private, industrial and commercial use
copyright@Solarkiosk – Solarkiosk solar powered school in a refugee camp in Jordan
SOLARKIOSK Solutions is passionate about bringing new solar power products, technologies and solutions to off-grid frontier markets. We have for many years incubated new technology solutions and business models tailored for the specific needs of rural off-grid communities. The idea for our E-HUBB was borne out of the realization that last mile distribution is a key component for energy access in off-grid areas. Our Connected Solar Market Centers (CSMC) are a concept developed by our operators because they wanted to get the solar energy from our E-HUBBs to work for other local businesses: a butcher, a restaurant, a viewing hall, a hotel (picture of first Kenyan “CSMC”?). We introduced “reverse supply chain” to rural communities, so that we did not only “push” solar and sustainable products into frontier market, but also “pulled” products from these markets, mainly agricultural and artisan products.
We have realized that energy access is a great enabler for off-grid communities, but productive use of energy is the real game-changer. Energy and Connectivity are the main ingredients for transformation in agriculture, health, education, administration and communication. We are solar product and solutions experts, but we also think outside the box. Our approach is holistic as we have millions of validated data to understand the community in its socio-economic entirety. We therefore connect energy with supply chain with agriculture with health with education with communication with administration.
We continue to incubate and spin-off new technology and business solutions. We connect innovation with investment so that successfully tested ideas can scale.