This week SOLARKIOSK AG has won the ARE Award for advancing rural electrification in the Private Sector in Developing Countries category. The prize has been conferred on Wednesday 22nd at the Awards Ceremony in the EDP Headquarters in Lisbon, Portugal, during the ARE Investment Forum.
In their second year running, ARE Awards have given recognition to companies and organizations which have made a special contribution to advancing rural electrification. The Awards Jury has selected winners in six different categories:
- Private Sector in Developing Countries: SOLARKIOSK AG
- Multilateral / International Organisations: GIZ
- NGOs and Foundations: Kopernik
- Private Sector in Developed Countries: Daily Life Renewable Energy Pte Ltd
- Government in Developing Country: Tanzania
- Best Off-grid Project: Solar Sister
To learn more, check out the press release by ARE!